2. DATA COLLECTED
Data you submit to us
In order to use certain functions and features of the Site, DS SolidWorks requires that certain information is provided when visiting, using, or registering to use the Site, including the email address of a parent or guardian, and the month and year of birth of the user.
We highly recommend that login names and passwords do not contain personal information and cannot be traceable to an individual.
Data we collect from you and your device(s)
- Device Information: type of browser (e.g., Chrome or Internet Explorer), operating system (e.g., Windows 10 or Mac OS), and hardware (e.g., whether the device is a touchscreen device).
- User Information: number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed, etc., but this information is not traceable back to an individual user.
- Location Information.
- Third Party Information.
If you contact us with a complaint or query about the Site, we may keep a record of that correspondence to ensure we provide a good customer service. We may also ask you to complete surveys about our products and services that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
3. PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING CHILDREN
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
4. THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
In order to comply with applicable data protection laws, we are required to set out the legal basis for processing your Personal Data. In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, as set out above, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data will typically be one of the following:
- Our own or our third parties’ legitimate business interests (for example, in maintaining and promoting our business by providing customers with feedback opportunities or other instances where we have carried out a legitimate interests assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest);
- The performance of a contract that we have in place with you;
- Your consent where appropriate;
- To protect your vital interests; or
- Compliance with our legal obligations.
5. PURPOSES OF COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To enable the request of information and to give us feedback;
- To provide personalized interactive use of the Site;
- To ascertain requirements and interests and provide the most suitable products and/or services;
- To allow accounts to be opened and maintained to obtain documentation and technical assistance;
- To enable online purchases of some of our products and services;
- To access all the features and options offered by the Site;
- To create, edit, share, and import content;
- To participate in training exercises and challenges;
- To like other creator’s content;
- To send notifications;
- To validate a child’s age;
- To conduct research with regards to the demographics of our users; and
- To improve the design and content of the Site, where the data is used in the aggregate to analyze site usage.
In addition, we may use Device Information for the purpose, for example, of optimizing the performance of the Apps for Kids services. We may also use categories of User Information to analyze how people use the Site and generate ideas on how the Site might be improved. This information is not traceable back to the user.
We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
These services may include:
- Fulfilling orders and delivering packages
- Payment processing
- Providing customer service
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure
Our processing of information includes using, storing, recording, transferring, adapting, summarizing, amending, reporting, sharing, and destroying any information that may result in the identification of an individual (“Personal Data”) as necessary under the circumstances or as otherwise required by law.
Cookies are text files stored and used to record information concerning users’ browsing and use of the Site.
- Enabling a service to recognize your device so You don’t have to give the same information several times.
- Recognizing that You may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do so repeatedly.
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
- Analyzing data to help DS SolidWorks understand how people interact with the Site so DS SolidWorks can improve the Site.
DS SolidWorks may also use third party vendors to measure and analyze the effectiveness of the Site. In such a case, web beacons and cookies provided by such third party vendors may be used and stored.
DS SolidWorks may use two types of cookies: permanent cookies and temporary cookies. Temporary cookies disappear as soon as the user logs off from the Site. Permanent cookies remain after logging off from the Site in order to be used on subsequent visits to the Site.
DS SolidWorks’ European domains will notify the user the first time he or she receives a cookie, and then the user decides whether to accept or refuse the cookie. By continuing to use the Site in consideration of the above, express authorization to use such cookies is given to DS SolidWorks.
A browser may also be configured to refuse all cookies; doing so, however, may cause some areas and features of the Site to not function properly and/or access may be a loss to some parts or services of the Site.
7. PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING AND STORAGE TERM
Processing of Personal Data includes using, storing, recording, transferring, adapting, summarizing, amending, reporting, sharing, and destroying Personal Data as necessary under the circumstances or as otherwise required by law.
All collected Personal Data will be stored for a limited duration that is relevant to the purpose of such collection and for so long as required by applicable law.
8. LINKS TO WEBSITES NOT CONTROLLED BY DS SOLIDWORKS
This Site might offer links to third party websites such as a website of a 3D Printer vendor.
Unless DS SolidWorks receives express authorization from a user or parent or guardian of a user, DS SolidWorks does not share any information with these third parties that may be traceable to an individual.
DS SolidWorks does not exercise any control over the content of third party websites or the practices of these third parties in connection with the protection of Personal Data that they might collect and are thus not under the control of DS SolidWorks. Consequently, DS SolidWorks declines all liability for the content of third party websites or the practices of these third parties concerning the protection of Personal Data.
It is, therefore, the responsibility of the user, or a user’s parent or guardian to inform him or herself as to these third parties’ privacy policies.
9. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
DS SolidWorks will also disclose Personal Data to third parties if DS SolidWorks determines that such disclosure is necessary for technical reasons (such as hosting services by a third party) or to protect DS SolidWorks’ legal interests (such as in the event of acquisition or merger by a third company or total or partial liquidation of DS SolidWorks).
DS SolidWorks may also disclose such personal information if required by law or if DS SolidWorks believes in good faith that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (for example, a warrant, a subpoena, or other court order) or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of DS SolidWorks, our customers, or the public.
These transfers may be transmitted over the Internet, via mail, via facsimile, or by any other method that DS SolidWorks determines is appropriate and in accordance with applicable law.
10. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO AND RECTIFICATION OF THE DATA
Users of the Site (or a parent or guardian of a user) have a right to access his or her Personal Data, to request the rectification, update, portability, and erasure of that Personal Data, and to obtain a copy of the Personal Data stored by DS SolidWorks. Those with an account may be able to exercise these rights by logging on to the account. Otherwise, to exercise these rights, an email may be sent to email@example.com. Depending on the scope of the request and where allowed by law, DS SolidWorks reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee to cover any out-of-pocket costs incurred in connection with such access, modification, and/or deletion of Personal Data. DS SolidWorks may deny access to Personal Data in limited circumstances, defined by applicable laws and regulations.
11. DATA SECURITY AND RECIPIENTS
DS SolidWorks undertakes to ensure the protection and security of Personal Data communicated to DS SolidWorks to ensure the confidentiality of the Personal Data and prevent the Personal Data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed, or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
DS SolidWorks maintains appropriate and reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, and destruction. As part of those safeguards, DS SolidWorks employs sophisticated technology designed to protect Personal Data during its transmission and prevent transmission errors or unauthorized acts of third parties. However, while DS SolidWorks strives to protect Personal Data, in light of the inevitable risks of data transmission over the Internet, DS SolidWorks cannot guarantee full protection against any error occurring during the course of Personal Data transmission that is beyond DS SolidWorks’ reasonable control.
Since Personal Data may be confidential, access is limited to employees, contractors, and agents of 3DS Group Companies who have a need to know such data in carrying out their tasks. All the people who have access to Personal Data are bound by a duty of confidentiality and subject to disciplinary actions and/or other sanctions if they fail to meet these obligations.
However, it is important for users to exercise caution to prevent unauthorized access to their own Personal Data, including being responsible for the confidentiality of one’s password and information appearing on one’s account. Consequently, each user of this Site must ensure that he or she logs out of a session in the event of a shared use of a computer.
12. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
Although DS SolidWorks has put in place reasonable safeguards to protect Personal Data, we recognize that there is no method of transmitting or storing Personal Data that is completely secure.
Unauthorized access to Personal Data or the improper use of Personal Data may constitute offenses under local law and under the regulations in force within each company in the 3DS Group.
Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
174 Wyman Street,
Waltham MA 02451
Attn. Apps for Kids Beta Program
If we make a material change to how we use Personal Data collected from children under age 16, we will notify parents by email in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of the child’s Personal Data.
Revised: November 12, 2018