Our goal with SOLIDWORKS Apps for Kids has always been to make design and engineering fun and accessible to kids of any age. This goal is shared by our partners who can help us elevate our apps further.
3D Printing Partner
Sindoh provide easy to use 3D Printers for professional and educational use. With a Sindoh printer and the Print It app you can directly print your Shape It or Style It creations using our cloud print utility that helps make 3D printing easier than it has ever been.
- Safety & Convenience – Easy to use but so much to offer with the integration of everyday technology and reliability.
- Connectivity Options – Print everything you love from a secure and accessible location.
- Intuitive GUI – Get the most from your 3D printer with a user friendly interview and 5-inch touch screen.
With BlocksCAD and SOLIDWORKS Apps for Kids, educators can engage their students in all essential steps of the design process. This collaboration starts with two adapted lessons from the Apps For Kids library that will include a BlocksCAD extension aligned with Math and CS standards that you will be able to download here:
Learn more about the our partnership announcement we made on the Apps for Kids blog.
What is BlocksCAD?
BlocksCAD builds math and computer science skills by using a specialized 3D CAD (computer-aided drafting) software. A block-based coding platform allows students to create and manipulate 3D objects while using geometry and computational thinking skills. BlocksCAD fully supports teachers by providing a comprehensive curriculum with detailed lessons that are standard-aligned.
- Engage students in hands-on math and computer science skills.
- Cloud-based platform allows for easy application from in-person to virtual instruction and in-between.
- Great for students as young as 8 to high school and beyond.
- Allow students to learn at their own pace according to their level of skill. Able to be used on any device (Chromebooks, iPads, etc…)