Imagination becomes reality with 3D Printing for kids
Are you wondering how 3D printing for kids can prove beneficial for your child?
With this technology, your children can hold the results of their wildest creativity in their hands. Yes, even a dinosaur!
SOLIDWORKS Apps For Kids gives your child all the tools they need to create and design abstract shapes, objects or animals in 3D online, and then 3D print them out to bring their creative process to life!
Benefits of 3D printing projects for kids
Be it in a classroom or at home, the possibility of bringing 3D printing ideas for kids’ objects to reality is always exciting. It fosters an engaging environment, motivating children to study with higher enthusiasm.
Check out some of the profound benefits of 3D prints for kids.
- Gives wings to creativity: 3D technology gives children the freedom to stimulate their creative sides. They can create countless quirky shapes and watch them come to life. Besides, watching the physical outcome of their imagination is highly motivating for young learners.
- Instills the knack for learning and experimenting: When students learn with a tangible object, the curiosity to learn automatically blooms. 3D prints for kids lets parents and educators foster an atmosphere of education with fun and experimentation.
- Promotes critical thinking: Creating and printing 3D shapes facilitates critical thinking – a highly sought-after skill in the professional career. It requires young minds to contemplate the intricacies of the design such that it is good enough to be converted into a physical object.
- Encourages designing skills: While these skills are essential for design-related jobs, they also enhance an individual’s problem-solving capacity. It develops a child’s ability to come up with creative solutions.
- Makes kids future-ready with STEM foundation: Learning about the science behind how a machine converts a digital shape to reality is downright stimulating. Giving kids an opportunity to learn about complex theories and mechanisms makes them curious to pursue STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) subjects.
Make harmonious Shapes for cool 2D and 3D Prints for kids
SOLIDWORKS Apps for Kids offers a range of fun and educational online apps for your little creative genius. The set includes a free app each for:
- Creating 2D and 3D shapes
- Mechanical designs
- 3D Printing the final design
Let your child dive into this very easy and intuitive environment, that does not require any adult supervision (complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act).
Apps for Kids has collaborated with Sindoh to ensure you have a hassle-free 3D printing model for kid process. It’s a cloud-based 3D printing service, so you don’t need to invest in a 3D printer.
Here’s a quick step-by-step overview.
Step 1: Create a fantastic, eccentric 3D shape on Shape It.
Step 2: Once you have the design ready in 3D, export it to Print It.
Step 3: Click on the 3D print icon to view the final 3D file.
Step 4: Adjust the size and select the number of copies you need to print.
Step 5: Click on 3D Print for a preview and choose the Send to Printer option.
Note: With the export 3D printing STL files option, you can also download the STL file to print the shape through another 3D printer.
Step 6: Select your printer from the dialogue box that pops up and click Send to Print.
Watch the fascinating process of your child’s imagination turn to reality through 3D technology.
3D printing for kids has countless benefits for the growth of your child’s creative intellect and STEM knowledge.
With Print It, Apps for Kids makes it possible for you to convert your kid’s amazing imagination to tangible reality.
What’s the hold? Let your children’s creativity unfold and come to life through SOLIDWORKS’s 3D Print technology!
Back to Blog